2010 - Dorothy Dodd Lifetime Achievement Award Florida Historical Society, St. Augustine.
2010 - Alfred J, Hannah Award Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida
Citizen Above Self Finalist Congressional Medal of Honor Society of the United States"
For spending a lifetime actively advocating on behalf of those suffering from denial of basic human rights...exposed injustice and exploitation at home and abroad, infiltrated a score of domestic terrorist groups. For more than three quarters of a century, Kennedy has taken part in struggles against war, totalitarianism, peonage,, disenfranchisement, chain gangs, infant mortality, unattended illness, homelessness, unemployment, and denial of educational opportunity
- Charlton Tebeau Award Florida Historical Society, For book Grits & Grunts: Folkloric Key West.
- People of Vision Award St. Johns Vision, St. Augustine, Florida “Stetson Kennedy is a “national treasure” for his role over the past seven decades as a civil right crusader, historian and author.”
- Literary Legend award from the Florida Heritage book Festival.
- St. Johns County Vision Lifetime Achievement Award honored for Kennedy's lifetime achievements on behalf of human rights and the environment.
- Certificate of Appreciation The National New Deal Preservation Assn. Washington, DC “The National New Deal Preservation Association is indebted to and grateful for the pioneer and lifetime work of Stetson Kennedy who, at the age of 21, was put in charge of folklore, oral history, and ethnic studies for the WPA Florida Writer’s Project and has continued to inspire a generation of scholars and oral historians.”
- A Night with Stetson Kennedy” event at University of North Florida with Bob Edwards, Arlo Guthrie, and Peggy Bulger
- Gandhi King Ikeda Award Morehouse College Atlanta, GA “In the tradition of Mohandas K. “Mahatma: Gandhi, Dr. martin Luther King, Jr. and Dr. Daisaku Ikeda, you have served your community and the world through your dedication to peace and unity, your commitment to nonviolence, and your persistent efforts to establish justice for all humankind.”
- Lifetime Achievement Award Much Ado About Books Jacksonville, Florida
- Keynote Speaker Rotary International St. Augustine, Florida
- Honorary Life Member ACCORD. 40th Anniversary to Commemorate the
Civil Rights Demonstrations, Jacksonville, Florida
- Florida Artistis Hall of Fame (pictured) Awarded by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs. Jeb Bush, Governor. Glendale E. Hood, Secretary of State.
- Florida Heritage” Historic Marker Installed at Beluthahatchee St. Johns County, Florida
- October 4th - Stetson Kennedy Day Board of County Commissioners St. Johns County, Florida
- Historic Floridian Award The Broward Folk Club South Florida Folk Festival “In appreciation for his numerous contributions to the Folk Arts of Florida and the United States”
- Literary Landmark“ designation bestowed upon Beluthahatchee (Fruit Cove, Florida) by Friends of Libraries USA
- Willfest Honoree and Lifetime Member Will McLean Foundation Dunnellon, Florida
- Fellow of the Society Awarded by the Society of Professional Journalists for demonstrating the highest standards and providing extraordinary contributions to the profession of journalism
- Clanzel T. Brown Award. Jacksonville Urban League Jacksonville, Florida “In recognition of the significant contributions you have made over several decades in fighting for human rights, fair treatment, and equal opportunity, and for following the literal mandates for the constitution advocating freedom and justice for all.
- Unity in Diversity Award Diocese of St. Augustine Jacksonville, Florida
- Dr. Benjamin Spock Peacemaker of the Year Award - Click on the Gallery - Kennedy TV
- Social Harmony Award Mary L. Singleton Memorial Day for Justice, Peace, and Social Harmony Jacksonville, Florida
- Significant Sig Award Sigma Chi fraternity
- Heartland Award for Public Service, presented by, Florida Governor Lawton Chiles. (painting of Myakka River by Ms. Rhea Chiles.) Jacksonville, Florida “an award reserved for citizens who exemplify long-term commitment and service to their communities”
- Appreciation Award, Reconcile Jacksonville in loving appreciation and thanksgiving for his strength and courage in confronting and overcoming racial injustice.
- Gustavus Meyer Award
- Award for Your Service Lincoln-Douglass Memorial Emancipation Proclamation Association, Jacksonville, Florida
- Honorary Doctorate in Humane Letters, UNF
- Peace and Utility Award St. Martin de Porres Association, Catholic Diocese of Miami. (Co-recipients Jimmy Carter and Katherine Dunham)
- “In Recognition of Stetson Kennedy” Institute of Florida Studies, Florida Technological University, Melbourne, Florida Folksong singer/composer Frank Thomas debuts his “Ballad of Stetson Kennedy: One man against the Klan.”
- “Petra Foundation Awardnominated by the Giraffe Project. Langley, WA “whose courageous actions illuminate all our lives making manifest the Truth that people who believe in themselves and care for others can meet any challenge life presents” Giraffe Society elected,“for sticking neck out for common good ...risk-taking vital to a compassionate, peaceful and just world
- Jules Verne Medal, France
- Prix de l'Edit de Nantes, International Congress sponsored by Juridica on Human Rights and the Force of Law at Nantes, France
- Recognizing Stetson Kennedy,” Martin Luther King Cultural Arts Group, Beverly Hills, Florida 2
- NAACP Freedom Award Seminole County Branch, Florida
- Cavallo Prize for Civic Courage Washington, D.C. “moral courage for the public benefit resulting in personal suffering or sacrifice” for civic courage in exposing wrong-doing, Washington, D.C.
- Celebrating Stetson Kennedy’s Palmetto Country” First tri-state meeting of Florida, Georgia and Alabama state historical societies Celebrating 50th anniversary of Palmetto Country and author’s 75th birthday
- Media Award Florida Historical Society Florida Public Radio, Jo Miglino, producer “Stetson Kennedy: Sing a Folksong, Live a Folklife”
- Author Award Council of Florida Libraries, , Ft. Lauderdale
- Florida Folk Heritage Award, Division of Cultural Affairs
- Resident Fellowship France
- Freedom Award nominated for, Freedom House, New York, NY.
- Peoples Award, Negro Freedom Rally
-May 6th - Keynote Address: “Report from the South.” Sponsored by Southern Conference for Human Welfare, Washington, DC. On platform: some Senators, Congressmen, Supreme Court justices. St. Louis, Missouri